The future of home care communication is here
Boost productivity and client satisfaction by streamlining your operations with nooa's powerful platform
Time to say "goodbye, WhatsApp".
Hello, nooa 😍
- Delight your staff by clearly separating work and play
- Immediately create calm, trust and transparency
- Impress with competence and control during inspections and audits
Why do thousands of carers
rely on nooa every day?
Because every care provider needs a strong foundation to focus on the right priorities.
Save time and effort for you and the entire team.
A complete package
instead of frustrating compromises
It takes more than WhatsApp and chasing people over the phone
- Right place, right time. Share information in real time with the right people
- 20/20 vision. All your notes, documents and activities in one place, whenever you need them
- Work like a team. Never miss another visit, call or message to help your team keep moving
Getting new staff up to speed in an instant. And keeping it that way
- Intuitive & structured. Help your team find their way around immediately
- Find what you need. Whether it's a policy, care plan or client mention
- There when you need it. Always accessible on whatever device you have at hand
Patient-centred communication that simply works
- Reach the right people with changes and updates - in real time
- Easily share and search for messages, images, documents. And anything else
- Avoid phone tag and misunderstandings during admin and handovers
“With over 100 employees and 300 clients, efficient communication is critical for our growth, operational productivity, and the quality of care we deliver to our clients. nooa enables us to stay on top of our game.”
“Our employees love it, they just love it. It really has streamlined so many areas, for communication and admin, within the team but also with clients and families. I can’t imagine it not being in our office and on our phones.”
“I highly recommend nooa for home healthcare workers and healthcare in general. It has literally changed so much of how we communicate important patient information, scheduling, agency updates and coordination.”